Friday, July 1, 2011

Our First Year Here


Yesterday, June 30th, marked our one-year anniversary for living in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico. I hope you are finding many of the posts useful. In many ways, as I keep blogging about our lives here, I am trying to let the dust settle in my mind so I can understand the overall culture of Mexico and specifically the Yucatan and it's people. You see both similarities and variations between the country of Mexico and the overall culture of the U.S. in the following areas:
  • Psychologically
  • Sociologically
  • Education
  • Economic
  • Government and Law
  • Health Care and Medicine
  • Public Works and Utilities
  • Food, Arts and Entertainment
  • Expats and Immigration
  • Religion
  • Geography and Weather
  • The Future
I believe many of my perceived similarities and variations will apply equally at times to the Canadian culture, European culture and many other countries and their respective cultures around the world. I am an American by birth so I am limited in scope and vision on some of these things. Therefore, if you find my viewpoints limited please do not take offense. In upcoming posts I am going to try and write a little bit about  each one of these areas according to what we as a family have seen since we have been here. Stay tuned. I hope you enjoy them.

Saludos
JEB
jayblackshear@yahoo.com
http://www.livinginmerida.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment