Sunday, August 29, 2010

Passports

Here we are at the Bexar County Courthouse in San Antonio, Texas~ beginning our journey by obtaining our passports. My husband is patiently waiting through all the paperwork/picture process.
Joel wanted his picture taken several times and our sweet picture taker obliged his hammed up poses. Joseph also requested several shots as he was not sure he looked his best.

It is now a requirement to have a passport when you go to Mexico from the United States. Just contact your local County clerks office for information and requirements. Give yourself at least 4-6 weeks to obtain the passport, otherwise you will be charged a larger fee for a rush passport.

Here is my passport photo. If  you know me, you know that I do not like pictures of myself, but I was actually pleased with this one. Much better than my drivers license picture!! We went to the Courthouse during the week when there was less traffic and barely had to stand in line. I have heard that Saturday's can be pretty busy, so plan accordingly especially if you have children. Just remember if you have obtained a passport at any other time in you life, you will be required to have that information for the file clerk. I was caught off guard when I realized that I had a passport about 15 years ago for a trip I took to Brazil & Equador. I tossed that one years ago as I figured it was expired.
Our boys patiently waiting for their passports!

No comments:

Post a Comment